Hakeem Leonce Week 9 Response

This was a really good read to someone like me, who always questioned the way people lessen the social impact of advertisements. The points made by Laura Carroll about social media being a place that requires rhetorical analysis were very well stated. She placed a focused lens on how with a unaware mind the consistent selling, persuading and manipulating can easily control the things you see.When she acknowledge the facts of advertisement will fabricate an popular image that is desired by the public to show of their product will be the reason for you obtain whatever you want. It’s even crazier because most of the time of misguided information that has no true connection that is blurred by social aesthetics.

In my own life, there was a time where i was in a deep rabbit hole of watching shopping. Since in this day and age, our cookies are stored and studied to know what’s best to show you in the future. So there came a point where I kinda grew closer and closer to buying a specific want. It was a stainless steel gold with a blue face interior and i went back onto m instagram page and just on time, I had at least 4 sponsored pages make their way to my profile feed. It was not like pages I follow or even related photos that I like, but it was the fact that I searched it on googled that instagram knew what it was that I needed to see to get me to think it is convenience rather than manipulative advertisement. For me, it was the fact that i took a second to question why is it that now so many watches are at my fingertip even though I have been wanting it for so long now. Knowing that it was just the fact that the internet knew I placed a watch in a shopping cart on a website to now take the opportunity to make purchasing as easy as they can, to persuade me to buy buy.