Week #5 response

After watching Ex- Machina, I was scared for my life. The robot girl looked so real that that it creeped me out. It was a good movie though and made me realize that robots will one day take over the world. They will always be one step ahead of us and they can easily blend into the environment with us as they learn through experiences and interactions. I remember Steven Hawking saying that AI robots will one day take over the humans. They can learn from their mistakes and as well have a greater strength level than that of humans.  This is what frightens me, and I don’t want to see robots living among us without me even knowing it. Just the thought of that scares me and gives me the shivers. What made the movie more memorable was how they robot was able to adapt to the behavior of the guy that was observing him and be able to manipulate him.  After watching the movie, I was curious as to how much we have advance in the field of AI robots and turns out there is a software online that uses AI to learn how to sound just like you. This can be used to blackmail you as well as frame you. Someone can act as you over the phone and get information about you that they can use against you. This made me even more scared and I wouldn’t want someone to do that to me.

-Tanvir Youhana