Kayla’s Lab Report Reflection

If I were able to have the option to do this writing assignment again, I would probably choose a different topic or experiment. I say this because I feel like my experiment in particular had steps that were repetitive therefore when written out, it seems to repeat itself as well. I would probably choose a topic that had more variety in the procedure so that the lab report itself wouldn’t be repetitive and somewhat confusing.

For me, the hardest part overall was keeping the overall formality of the lab report understandable. By that I mean I struggled to know when and when not to explain something in depth. I understood that the audience of the lab report would not have a in-depth understanding of Chemistry, my topic of choice, but I wasnt sure at what point I needed to be more specific about how to do something. For example, one of the steps in my procedure is to determine the Molarity of one of the reactants, but I wasn’t sure if I needed to include the formula to do so in this case because it’s also something that one can look up on the internet if needed. In my opinion, I think I did well in the introduction. I believe that I explained the purpose of this experiment and I explained why I did certain things. I explained the purpose of extra reactants, such as the sulfuric acid and boiling chips, and the purpose of using a hot water bath. The explanation of the reason the experiment had to be tried multiple times, all with varying amounts of each reactant, to find the limiting reagent, was one that I’m proud of. It puts it in simple terms of explaining why its important to understand why certain parts of the experiments are conducted

FINAL GRADE: 90