Reflection 2

I enjoyed working on this project because it allowed me to tap more into my creativity with the medium of how I would deliver my information. Researching about the lightsaber was initially surprising because there was so lots of in-depth detail online about the anatomy of it. I was shocked to find detailed schematic drawings of how it works and it really bridged the gap between reality and science fiction. If I were to do something differently in the future I would try to actually design the saber in a design drafting software such as SolidWorks. This would allow for a much more fluid presentation of the lightsabers form and function. It would be 3 Dimensional and you could dive into every component of the lightsaber. In the end I feel that my delivery met the requirements of what a proper explanation of the object is. I not only explained the function of each part but I tried to give as much vital information of how they worked together without boring the viewer. I feel like I struggled with the balance between what is considered to be important information and what I had to leave out because it gave too much technical information that would disinterest a normal viewer who doesn’t necessarily want to know how and why an energy field permeates through a source to deliver power. Somethings were unnecessary but I still left them in because I thought they helped the cohesiveness of the report. If I were to give myself a grade I would give myself an A because I truly embraced the creative process and I did a thorough research of the lightsaber. I visited so many fan sites to find the best descriptions of each part and for parts that I couldn’t find explanations of I did research on the scientific names of the parts to determine what purpose they served from their names.