Week #7 response

While watching nosedive, I was very shocked by how people were treated. I was horrified by how the people are living in the so-called future. I was also a little scared because some of the behavior described in the show I have seen in the real world. For example, popularity was based on the social media accounts and if you fall out of social media people stop liking you and hanging out with you. People also kiss up to other people to make themselves look more popular. Basically, leeching off popular people. Every time that I attend a major event, I tend to broadcast it on my social media platforms. I am not the type to, however, post on social media every single day of what I am doing. Emotionally, I was disgusted by how people in that society lives. They all based there lives around social media and only show people what they want to see and can’t express themselves. They practice in the mirror their fake laughs and always putting on a fake smile when seeing anyone in the street. I also felt bad for the lady because she was just trying to get a house and the only way is to be famous and she wasn’t famous enough for the house. She was just trying to be happy and ended up ruining her life because of a rating that she got from random people that don’t even know her.

-Tanvir Youhana