#week8

#Week8

Black Mirror – Season 3 Ep: 6- San Junipiero; & Season 1 Ep: 3 – The Entire History of You

My time watching these two episodes was actually done in my recreational time a few weeks ago. I actually until now have not had the opportunity to discuss the concepts these episodes touched upon. Especially how it was creatively done; employing the possibilities of “cutting Edge” technology into a ambiguously timeless society. Facilitated obviously by the piece of technology in question by each particular episode. 

San Junipiero struck me as what it was, Dante’s Paradiso. It was seemingly beautiful. Obviously to the program that experienced the “paradise” as a result or consequence of a ful/un-fulfilled life. The characters in San Junipiero got to enjoy the “present” that the paradise offered. And…could choose to stay forever in digital bliss. However, as the story’s taciturn introduced the dilemma of leaving one’s physical body behind the choice of what was experienced already was made easier. I would stay in paradiso. If I were the one who had experienced my own experiences up until the point of the character in the hospital bed. The image of a ful-filled life versus the co-stat’s life who’s testimony to the richness of her life was her own character.

“The Entire History of You” was simply a test of the human reaction to nature around him. Man wants to control nature. I think that if given the opportunity to control my memories it’s databank the way I deemed operationally necessary to continue a healthy life. However, that sort of power in conjunction with another individual in the face of a society continuously plagued by “corruption,” maintaining a healthy trusting relationship could result in the outcome of ep.