week 8

Gabriel Almonte 

Watching this episode was very weird. I felt the guy who was currently in the relationship with the girl was being very overprotective. The girl did start acting weird when her partner came around, but the situation would make anyone uncomfortable, nobody wants to be in a room with an old partner and their current partner as well. Getting drunk then driving to the other man’s house to attack him verbally and physically was uncalled for. He then forces the old partner to delete all memory of his current wife. I believe a memory system like this where you can go back to every moment you’ve witnessed would be hard to forget things that you regret happened. It also effected how the current partner was able to discover things that he didn’t notice when it happened because he got to rewind and focus on all aspects of it. I connected this to my personal experience with relationships because with everything being recorded when people are out people get caught stepping out of their relationship a lot. With all this video and picture evidence today many need evidence to believe anything, with something like what the people in the show had it would be extremely difficult for people to trust anyone. I had mixed feelings on this episode because I feel the husband should’ve reacted much differently in the situation, he was acting erratic once they got home and was taking mental notes once he got to the get together. He then attacks the man his wife cheated on him with which he didn’t deserve, he wasn’t in a relationship with him. Although I don’t agree with his actions, I do think he should know the truth about what his partner was doing. Honesty is important in a relationship and she wasn’t being honest and the memory system they had implemented behind their ears helped him find the truth.