Week 3

Gabriel Almonte 

The main point of this episode was to discuss ethics in technology. The episode featured a futuristic robot that had many similar characteristics and functions as humans, the robot could think and had feelings as well. From my understanding it seemed like everyone involved was in the same company but people from different positions of power and different branches were all disagreeing with what was fair to the robot and the future of technology. One branch was fighting for the robot to be left alone because he thought of the robot as a person, the robot developed into what it was in front of him, he grew sentimental love for it. A developer from another branch viewed it as a piece of technology. Therefore, he had no problem with the risks that working on the robot caused. He was only worried about the future of technology. I agree with both sides because if developers can’t work on new technology it ill be hard to make the same technological advances that are occurring right now. I also agree with the other side because seeing people develop these new advances, they can feel n attachment to the product that spent so much time on. I also agree that on some point some technology will be considered human because of how similar it is to normal people. There was one character who compared the unethical beliefs of the other branch to racism. I agree because at a certain point these robots can become almost identical to humans the only difference being the way each group is made. The only thing that must be solved is at what point do these robots are considered humans.