Jaspreet Weekly #1 response

The term ‘rhetoric’ simplifies into a broad understanding of how we interpret dialogues and conversations. By analyzing “Understanding Rhetoric” by authors: Elizabeth Losh, Jonathan Alexander, Zander Cannon, Kevin Cannon, we can observe the correlation between the instincts of psychology and how it attributes to the ‘rhetoric’ performance carried out by individuals like us. As the text states, ” Rhetoric is only meant to hide flaws, not encourage self-improvement.”  This statement expresses the understanding of the psychology behind the term ‘rhetoric’ as people justify their use of this exercise solely to boost their self assurance. Little do people know that this execution will create a conflict as they’re demarcating the border of actually understanding and interpreting, rather than the self affirmation of the knowledge they have gained. This performance also plays over with ethos logos and pathos since it intervenes with our feelings, logic, and moral.  Moving forward, the authors also made key reference to the term ‘Kairos’ which simply coincides to the lack of patience. I’ve personally done this many times and I’m doing it right now since this assignment is due within an hour. I will however, re-read my comment to make sure there aren’t any grammatical errors.