Week #7 Response

It was an overall a good episode reflecting on Human nature. Everyone judges others based on their ratings in the world of Nosedive. The main character wants to raise her ratings by attending her friend’s wedding, because many high rank guests is coming to the wedding, if Lacie can wow them with a moving speech, her rating is guaranteed to shoot through the roof. However, at the trip of attending the wedding, she gets in to lots of troubles unfortunately, and her rating drops to 2.8. And her friend doesn’t want her to come anymore because of her rating, and the MC goes to jail eventually.

It’s very similar to our society, they judge people by their rating system, we judge people by looking a person’s look, grades, achievements and income. I personally don’t use social media a lot, I use it mainly for communicating with my friends and family. Most of the people nowadays use social media just want to get more Followers and likes to satisfy their vanities, so they tend to upload their good sides, but not their bad sides. So, Social Society can’t really reflect one’s value.