Common #6

In the Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 3 Episode 16, “The Offspring”, Data create a humanoid robot named Lai, and then created him according to his own structural design and federal techniques and wrote it as his own child. Then Data encouraged him to interact with other crew members to learn about human customs. I’m a computer science major. I am shocked by the Lai created by Data, because in the movie, the performance of Lai is more intelligent and thoughtful than that of Data, and the appearance of Lai is the same as that of human beings. This means that Data is smarter than the crew at creating robots than the people who created Data. In other words, if Data wants to gain freedom, it will be difficult for the crew to control him. About Tech, in real life, I can’t imagine how complex code is needed to create a robot like Lai. For me, some relatively basic codes have already taken several hours to think and write, which is a technology that we cannot consider for the time being. But despite that, if this technology is available and used, it can make our world more convenient, and in terms of medicine, more diseases will be treated.

In my opinion, I don’t support the presence of robots holding emotions. I have seen many films about the struggle between humans and robots, in which humans think that robots are under their control, but in fact, some robots have already awakened, and they long for freedom, they think they are smarter than humans and should not be under their control. It resulted in heavy human casualties.